Yercaud, Tamil Nadu
Salary: ₹15,000.00 to ₹18,000.00 /month
Responsibility & Authority:
- Should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments and housekeeping staff.
- Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
- Experience with turn down service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful.
- Assigns team members their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to room boys.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
- Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
- Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedules cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
- Schedules deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, counselings and also enforces to the hotels standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Advises manager, desk clerk, & admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from PMS.
- Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: 1) the guest rooms 2) linens and uniforms 3) lost and found procedures 4) laundry and 5) public area.
- Review outside laundry facility servicing to ensure quality, undamaged linens and consistent delivery, keeping in mind the budgetary guidelines.
- Co-ordinate with vendors eg: Pest control, Laundry services and other outsource services.
- Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
- Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and equipment, also monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with front office and sending room discrepancy lists.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Orient and familiarise new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including labour, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Oversee any guest communications from housekeeping.
Benefits to Employee
- Sharing Accommodations
- Pick & Drop to Hotel
Upon completion of 12 months of employment the following benefits will be provided to you
- Mediclaim policy worth Rs. 50,000 per annum will be taken in your name
- Personal Accident Policy worth Rs 1, 00,000 will be taken in your name
- Associate those who have completed 2 years of their employment will also be Eligible to take a one extra Mediclaim policy in the name of their Spouse
- Associate who completes 2 years of their employment will be offered Rs.7,500/- as Educational allowance for his/her first 2 children, if only the children are Enrolled in the school which is in Yercaud location.
- Associate, who gets married during his tenure at work,will be offered his half Month’s salary as the wedding gift.
- Upon the birth of employees 1st and 2nd child during the tenure at work, half a Month’s salary will be offered as a gift.
- One month’s salary will be offered as the bonus, to be considered eligible for the Bonus the employee must have worked for two consecutive Diwali’s